Friday, July 9, 2010

What you have been waiting for

Well I can honestly say we are feeling settled. It has been a whirlwind of a six weeks but we have made it through. I do not recommend what we did but after everything is said and done it makes you appreciate your home all the more :-) We have had a TON of help from family and friends and without them, no way would we have accomplished what we have. Lets remind ourselves where we started....you can find it here : http://http//thepotvinfamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/working.html
We have come a LONG ways and there is still work to be done. The upstairs is pretty much completed besides my backsplash in the kitchen, which goes in on Sunday and I cannot wait! Air conditioning goes in hopefully this week, and yes you heard me...we have had NO central air in this house and let me tell you the last week has not been that much fun, sooo appreciate it if you got it, I know I will FOR SURE! The front foyer has to have the light hung and some patch work on the walls and sidenote: I was pretty proud of myself through this whole process, I learned a lot about house renovating.....I learned about tileing and I even grouted the whole foyer and closet myself :-) The downstairs continues to be a work in progress but from what I hear "work in progress" goes hand in hand when you live in a home. I am slowly trying to empty out the rec room so we can lay carpet and put Owen's playroom down there. His current playroom is our guest bedroom. The bathroom down there has yet to be gutted but this too while come in time :-) So enough babbling from me, enjoy the pictures! :-)

































3 comments:

Jayne Shatto said...

Cricket, it looks great! I love all your colors and fun acessories! Glad it's close to being down! :)

Jen said...

It looks amazing - totally different than the 'before' pictures! Great job!

D,J&d VanderLugt said...

Someone likes IKEA :)